Assessment

1. What is your reaction to the text you just read?
My reaction to this text was a feeling of confusion for most of it. The author was using words I dd not recognize and I am still unsure of what a Tlic is they are hardly explained in the story. Eventually, the reader figures out that the Tlic are aliens because they call the humans "Terrans" which I am assuming means earthling. Overall the story was enjoyable and it kept me engaged throughout the entire thing even though I was unsure of who was what until the end of the story.




2.  What connections did you make with this story. Discuss the elements of the work in which you were able to connect

In ways, this story reminded me of Akata Witch there is an element of fantasy that feels similar to that novel. Whatever these Tlics are, which I am imagining as a giant parasitic insect, seem to have magical or fantastical qualities that allow them to control Terrans, or humans. I also think that the names used such a T'Gatoi, Gan, Qui, and Hoa feel like they derive from African culture. I could be wrong but I immediately thought of Akata Witch while reading this story.


3. What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you use and what changes would you make.

I think this story would make a good short film. I would definitely add a little more background story to kind of explain what Tlic's are and about how they came in contact with Terrans. I also wish there was more of a visual description of T'Gatoi so that the audience would be convinced that there was an accurate representation of her in the film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akata Witch

Fragments of a Hologram Rose

The Future